What Does It Take To Resolve Complex Disputes?
Each case is different, some can be resolved with a negotiated or mediated settlement. Others require a trial and subsequent appeal to reach the desired outcome.
The stakes are high in business, construction law and other civil disputes. The Cohn Law Firm, LLC protects clients’ interests through negotiation, in mediation and arbitration, at trial, and on appeal. We use our experience in these areas of law to develop practical, realistic solutions for our clients.
As experienced trial lawyers, we know how to prepare cases to be successful in litigation. We also know that the degree of preparation it takes to try a case successfully is the very same required to put us in our strongest position to succeed without litigation. Our goal is always to minimize the cost and disruption of the dispute while maximizing what can be achieved through effective legal action.
Traditional And Alternative Dispute Resolution
Ever-increasing delays on the docket and the cost of litigation has helped bring alternative dispute resolution into wide acceptance for the resolution of both personal and business disputes. At The Cohn Law Firm, LLC, our attorneys have the experience and judgment to help our clients identify the most effective dispute resolution method in their particular situation and to represent them vigorously and effectively in that forum. We help our clients resolve legal disputes using:
- Negotiation — We are meticulous in our preparation and creative in our representation. We are experienced, effective negotiators who can help you develop a satisfactory resolution that protects your interests.
- Mediation — We represent clients during mediation, where a neutral third-party facilitates negotiations and helps the parties identify common concerns and solutions. In mediation, an attorney can ensure your interests are protected as you develop your own resolution to the dispute.
- Arbitration — This process involves a neutral third party or arbitration panel deciding the outcome of a dispute using a more streamlined process than court litigation. We have experience representing clients in binding arbitration of a wide variety of issues.
- Litigation — With more than 85 combined years of experience, the trial lawyers of The Cohn law Firm LLC can aggressively represent your interests in any Louisiana or federal court.
- Appellate representation — We represent clients on appeal before the Louisiana Courts of Appeal, the Louisiana Supreme Court, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Practical, Cost-Effective Representation
We take our clients’ legal needs seriously while providing cost-effective, efficient legal services in a friendly and professional atmosphere. Call out office at 225-754-9868 or send us a message to schedule a confidential consultation.