Advance Planning Through Wills and Trusts
Everyone wants to be the master of his or her own fate. While we don’t have much control over when we die or whether we become incapacitated, with proper estate planning, we have control over how our assets are distributed, who will make our health care decisions if we are incapacitated and how assets are protected from judgment creditors.
The Baton Rouge attorneys at The Cohn Law Firm, LLC have the skills and knowledge to assist clients throughout Louisiana develop an estate plan, achieve tax planning goals and create a living will.
Customized Estate Planning That Meets Your Needs
We will take the time to ascertain your estate planning goals, explain the benefits and limitations of various estate planning tools and techniques and customize an estate plan for your unique situation.
Our lawyers offer a full range of estate planning services, including the following:
- Drafting and review of wills and trust documents from a simple last will and testament to revocable and irrevocable trusts
- Legacy planning and asset protection that account for estate taxes and business succession planning
- Generation skipping devices
- Living wills or health care directives sometimes referred to as advance health care directives and durable powers of attorney
- Guardianships and Curatorships
We also review existing wills, trust documents and estate plans to ensure your estate plan remains compliant with the law and accounts for changes in your life. Our attorneys will also advice on strategies to avoid potential probate disputes that can be time-consuming and destroy relationships.
Do Not Delay — Schedule A Consultation
Please visit our Probate and Estate Planning FAQ for additional information about estate planning.