Serving The Legal Needs Of The Local Business Community
Based in Baton Rouge, The Cohn Law Firm LLC has advised entrepreneurs, existing businesses and business startups throughout Louisiana. Our business law attorneys provide sound counsel for commercial clients in business formation, ongoing contract-related issues and the resolution of disputes
Our wide range of business law services include:
- Business formation, reorganization and succession
- Mergers, acquisitions and consolidations
- Purchases and sales of business assets
- Commercial transactions
- Banking and finance issues
- Tax planning
- Real estate services
- Commercial collections
- Resolution of business disputes
Business Formation And Choice Of Entity
In Louisiana, business organization and choice of entities can be used for tax planning and asset protection, and are sometimes used in estate planning (as an asset protection and business succession technique).
Your choice of business entity can have a substantial impact on taxation, exposure to liability and the operation of the business. If you are starting a new business, consult with an experienced attorney who can help you establish your business venture in the way that maximizes your opportunity for success.
At The Cohn Law Firm LLC, we advise clients on initial entity selection, reorganization and consolidation with new acquisitions. We have a tax lawyer on staff to begin your tax planning, or we can work with your CPA or tax advisor. We assist clients with setting up:
- Limited liability companies (LLCs)
- C-corporations, S-corporations and professional corporations (PCs)
- General partnerships, family limited partnerships (FLPs) and limited liability partnerships (LLPs)
- 501(c)(3) charitable organizations
Business Formation | Business Transactions | Mergers & Acquisitions
To obtain more information about the entity selection process or to discuss your business law needs with an experienced Louisiana business lawyer, schedule a confidential consultation at The Cohn Law Firm LLC. Contact us online or call us at 225-754-9868.
Learn more about business organization and transactions by reading our FAQ.